Sunday, February 19, 2012

Late Night Gaming

Well we played well into the night last night. We didn't wrap up until around 2:30 am but everyone had fun.

We had a player try the summoner character class for the first time. I don't think I like it and am considering removing the class from our world. I'd like to spend some time here going over it. I would like to start by saying that I have read a bit about summoners but I don't have the kind of time to know every in and out about new classes. (well, new to us.)

Our current party is made up of of level four and five characters, all single classed. Last nights game consisted of a fighter, a wizard, a rogue, a cleric, a summoner(with the synthesist archetype) and a lower level fighter NPC.

Of those players, the summoner sythesist seemed to outshine them all. With 4 attacks per round at full attack bonus, an AC to rival the fighters, the ability to fly (perfect) at will with no duration, cast plenty of buffs and heals on itself. To be honest, the class itself feels greedy. One look at it's spell list and you can see a pile of spells that benefit only the summoner or his eidolon with a few offensive spells thrown in the mix and almost nothing that helps a team mate.

I am trying my hardest not to pass judgment too early, as I haven't read enough into it but that will have to wait until later. Now- I'm taking my younger siblings out to see Star Wars in 3d!

No comments:

Post a Comment