Monday, March 12, 2012

Painting Tonight

I decided to sit down tonight and paint my way through some of the miniatures I have lying around. Tonight I went ahead and painted a whole mess of slave figures that I acquired almost ten years ago!

I couldn't fit them all in the photo, but you get the idea...

I can't really claim ownership of these figures, they belong to my good friend Noah. He gave them to me so I could paint them, but shortly after receiving them I moved from my apartment and they sort of "disappeared." As you can see though, I found them and gave them a more respectable shade than primer black. It's nothing spectacular, but I'm glad to have painted my way through such a huge chunk of my unpainted stock. Since they were all the same molds, I decided to change a few poses and added some of my micro dice to a few figs as props. I would love to see how they would turn out if I really dedicated time to each figure, but reality dictates that kind of commitment to be unreasonable.

The figures themselves are "slaves" from the game Rumble in Antarctica. The game was a strategy tabletop game featuring the band GWAR. Right out of highschool, I was obsessed with GWAR and still listen to their music today. (Click HERE for thier site!) Here's a brief excerpt from their history...


Eons ago, there existed an elite group of chaos warriors who ravaged the galaxy with a boundless hatred of all things alive. They were called the Scumdogs of the Universe, and they grew in might and fury, the greatest weapon in the arsenal of their cosmic Master.

But they became too powerful, and too defiant, and for their cosmic crimes were banished to the most insignificant planet in the universe…the seething mudball known as Earth.

I wish I could find the miniatures of the band members themselves. The sculpts were excellent. Noah had actually given me a set of them to paint as well, but I fear those are lost in time. I would like to build a diorama or small set to show them off.

Speaking of dioramas, here's one I created not too long ago. It's strange, I don't play wargames but I love to make terrain for them. I kind of settled in a middle ground by making small scale dioramas to display painted miniatures. Enjoy!

  Made to display a necromancer figure. The sign reads, "Cursed be this place."

As always - good night and good gaming!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment